United Kingdom – Manchester
Tt Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. are looking for a Character Rigger to join our In-Game Animation team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the highly successful and creative Animation department supporting animators and producing high quality rigs and tools.
We are looking for self-motivated applicants, who are responsive to direction and working to a brief. The ability to plan and schedule your time, and the confidence to deliver to a deadline is essential.
- Creating control rigs for a wide variety of characters, creatures, and vehicles.
- In-engine character setup, such as cloth, physics, and IK.
- Resolve creative, pipeline and technical issues, collaborating with other team members and departments as needed.
- Ensure that all assets are well-organised and optimal at all times.
- Use commercial and in-house tools to integrate characters, rigs and tools into the project data, ensuring data is functional and to a high standard.
- Help develop enhancements of in-house tools for the team and as per project requirements.
- Help identify training needs for oneself and where applicable create assets/documentation for training purposes.
- Undertake relevant on the job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree, related qualification or equivalent experience in Animation and Rigging.
- Positive solution driven mindset, and a strong capacity for problem solving.
- Excellent communicator.
- Comfortable working with large teams of animators.
- Approachable, self-motivated, imaginative, and resourceful.
- Responds to feedback well, striving to enable animators and support various approaches to animation.
- In-depth knowledge and technical proficiency in Maya.
- Sound understanding of modern game engines, Unreal a strong advantage, and tools specific to animation and rigging.
- Excellent understanding of Animation and Rigging principles, and the ability to practically utilise that understanding within Maya.
- Excellent understanding of MEL or Python scripting languages.
- C++ a strong advantage.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit careers.warnermediagroup.com.